If You Are New to Libraries Unbound or Have Questions, Instructions are Below:
Kentucky Libraries Unbound is a consortium of state libraries (including Casey County Public Library) which provide their patrons with the added option of downloading several different file types of e-books, audiobooks, audio CDs, and video movies to their computers and an assortment of supported mobile devices.
How does Kentucky Libraries Unbound work? Library card holders have 24/7 access to a growing collection of digital media, all of which can be checked out free of charge.
At the end of the lending period, digital checkouts are automatically returned to the library’s catalog, so there are never any late fees. If an item is unavailable, a hold can be placed on it, and when it becomes available, an email is automatically sent to the person requesting the title.
Card holders can go directly to http://kyunbound.lib.overdrive.com/. There, you can install the necessary free media software, browse the collection and download up to 12 titles at one time.
You may download media to your personal computer and can also transfer to selected portable devices. Check here for a list of all compatible devices.
- Go to http://kyunbound.lib.overdrive.com and browse for e-books, music and movies.
- When you find something you like, add it to your eCart. You can “check out” up to twelve items.
- When you’re ready to download your items, go to “My eCart” and click “Proceed to Checkout”
- Select Casey County Public Library as your library and enter your library card number. (Don’t know your card number? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 606-787-9381.)
- Download your media to your preferred device and enjoy!
If you would like assistance, please let our staff know.