How to Get A Library Card
If you live in Casey County, you can get a library card by visiting the library and presenting either your photo ID that has a Casey County address listed on it OR your photo ID with two pieces of mail with your name and a Casey County address on it
If you live in a neighboring county, you can get a library card at the Casey County Public Library if you have a library card in good standing at your local library in the county you live in along with a photo ID.
If you aren’t sure whether or not you have a card, please call the library at (606) 787-9381 and we can check the system for you.
Why get A Library Card?
- Significant cost savings by borrowing rather than purchasing materials.
- A safe place for all ages to socialize and spend time.
- Always some sort of program, activity, or something fun and entertaining to do.
- Keep your brain sharp and healthy by learning new things.
- You’re already paying to help support the library through your classes, so why not utilize it?
Your library has gone digital!
Based on customer request and survey, your Casey County Public Library no longer provides physical cards. You still have a “card” in the sense that you have a library account and can check out materials. However, you will not receive a physical card to carry around. Not only is this great news for the environment, but it means one less thing for you to keep track of and carry around! Just provide your name at checkout. That’s all you need!