Kentucky Libraries Unbound
**If you are already familiar with Kentucky Libraries Unbound and are familiar with Libby, click here to go to the login page.**
What is Kentucky Libraries Unbound?
Kentucky Libraries Unbound is a consortium of state libraries (including Casey County Public Library) which provide their patrons with the added option of downloading several different file types of e-books, audiobooks, audio CDs, and video movies to their computers and an assortment of supported mobile devices.
How does Kentucky Libraries Unbound work?
Library card holders have 24/7 access to a growing collection of digital media, all of which can be checked out free of charge.
At the end of the lending period, digital checkouts are automatically returned to the library’s catalog, so there are never any late fees. If an item is unavailable, a hold can be placed on it, and when it becomes available, an email is automatically sent to the person requesting the title.
Card holders can go directly to http://kyunbound.lib.overdrive.com/. There, you can browse the collection, borrow books, and request holds.
You may download media to your personal computer and can also access it from selected portable devices. Check here for a list of all compatible devices.
Ready to get started? It’s easy!
1. Go to http://kyunbound.lib.overdrive.com, select Casey County Public Library, and enter your library card number. (If you don’t know your library card number, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a message on Facebook, or give us a call at (606) 787-9381.)
2. Browse for e-books and audiobooks until you find something you want to read.
3. When you find something you like, click the Borrow button to borrow that title. Titles can be borrowed for up to 21 days at a time.
4. Borrowed items appear on your shelf, and will automatically download to your device if using a mobile device. To send the title to a different device, such as a Kindle device, choose the Read With… button and select the device to send it to.
5. If you need more time, go to your shelf and choose Manage Loan to be able to renew your materials.
If you would like assistance, please call (606) 787-9381 and let our staff know or ask at your next visit to the library.